Rev. Jacob Memorial Christian College, Ambilikkai
Hostel Facilities – Men’s Hostel
The college runs a separate hostel for boys which provide a good environment to continue studies in a caring atmosphere. The hostel functions under the control of the principal. Hostel also has a resident warden to monitor the students’ activities. .The boys hostel ensure disciplined, safe, hygienic and peaceful atmosphere and helps for academic and spiritual growth of students. The hostel mess provides clean and hygienic food. Resident tutors are available in the hostel. It helps the students to clarify their subject doubts. There is a chapel which involves in the spiritual growth of the inmates. The management engages resource persons to talk on moral values regularly. The boys’ hostel also has a separate study room. The hostel has the capacity to accommodate study room
Hostel celebrates almost all festivals celebrated across the country such as Independence day, holi, diwali, lakshmi, saraswathi and ganesha festivals etc. Every year hostel day showcases not only organizational abilities, but also active participation of all the hostelites in recreational, cultural, literary and social activities of the hostelites, who hail from various parts of the globe.
Rules and Regulations
- Hostellers are responsible for their rooms, and furniturs allotted to them
- Ragging is prohibited any place in the hostel campus
- The hostel gate will be closed by 06.30 p.m.
- Students are not permitted to leave the hostel without a proper intimation
- No private electronic gadgets are permitted to the rooms of the hostels.
Hostel Facilities – Women’s Hostel
The college runs a separate hostel for girl students. The hostel has 12 rooms with the capacity to accommodate 4 inmates in each room. The hostel is to provide the students with the necessary amenities to develop an integrated personality, besides providing a calm and spiritual atmosphere for students. The hostel has well furnished rooms, a study hall and prayer room. Hostel students are given chance to celebrate major festivals in the hostel. Hostel day is celebrated with great enthusiasm every year.
Rules and Regulations
- Students must occupy the rooms allotted to them by the Warden (Principal)
- Students are responsible for the cleanliness of their rooms.
- Parents are requested to give a list of authorized visitors/local guardians.
- When leaving the room, the occupants ensure that the fans and lights are switched off. Every effort must be made to economies the use of electricity.
- No student is allowed to leave the hostel without a proper intimation.
- Students are permitted to leave the hostel only if the request is made to the warden by the parent.