Department of Biochemistry
About the Department
The department of Biochemistry was established in the year 1997 and since then it has offered B. Sc Biochemistry. From the new academic year of 2021-2022, M. Sc Biochemistry offered in the department to impart extensive proficiency in Biochemistry. The Department offers an affable environment for knowledge improvement, scientific research training and for individual development.
The department aims to provide an advanced understanding of the core principles and topics of Biochemistry and their experimental basis, and to enable students to acquire a specialized knowledge.
- Faculty involved in basic and applied research in different areas of Biochemistry and Environmental Microbiology with a good number of research publications in SCI and Scopus indexed journals.
- The department of Biochemistry has a practice of conducting annual programs on various scientific forums for the past 23 years includes international conferences, national conferences, state level seminars, regional seminars, workshops, intercollegiate meets and guest lectures.
- The department also assisting and guiding students to get placements in reputed pharmaceutical giants like Global Calcium India Pvt. Ltd, Micro labs etc.
- Add on course in Medical Lab Technology (MLT) offered by the department support the students enormously to get placed in clinical diagnostic labs in various parts of India.
- As a credible record our department alumni have been placed in reputed laboratories, industries and esteemed universities.
- It has produced 4 University ranks so far, which includes University first rank.
- Mr. Charansingh Pawar of 2015-2018 batch has secured University First Rank.
- A. Kaleeswari of 2009-2012 batch secured University II rank and N. Karthika of 2009-2012 batch havesecured V rank.
- Dr. Jeyakumar Joseph, senior executive, Analytical method validation team, Research and Development, Caplin Steriles Ltd, Chennai.
- Dr. D. Vijayraja, Assistant Professor-Grade I and Head (i/c), Rev. Jacob Memorial Christian College.
- Mr. Udayaraj, Intelligence Section, Greater Chennai Police.
- Mr. V. Selvendrakumar, Excise Inspector, Divisional Excise Office, Palani.