Department of Commerce
About the Department
The department of Commerce is the largest department of the college, established in the year 1997. It offers B. Com, B. Com (CA) as under graduate courses and M. Com (CA) as post graduate course. From the academic year 2021–2022 onwards, B.Com-Professional Accounting (PA) as under graduate course is offered (subject to approval).
- Accelerating the talent skills of students in various fields by individual care.
- Updating the students with latest developments and career guidance through frequent workshops.
- Imparting quality education with special emphasis on job oriented subjects based on the requirement of rural people.
- Motivating the students to acquire humane nature and facilitate the formation of value based society.
- Well qualified and experienced faculty with PhD.
- The department offers additional courses for special enrolment which includes GST and Tally and numerous other computer courses.
- The department periodically arranges guest lectures, seminars, workshop, etc., to carter to the needs of the students.
- The department also encourages students to participate in co-curricular and extracurricular activities.
- Well suited and job oriented papers like finance, cost accounting, taxes, law, principle of management, service marketing, GST and tally updated version are taught and trained.
- The strong support of alumnae for the betterment of the department.
- Five university rank holders have been produced.
- CA. M. Thangavel (1997-2000) Chartered Accountant at Tirupur.
- Mr. Ragupathi (2002-2005) working in a leading company in Chennai.
- Mrs. Manjula (2003-2006) working as a manager in a private bank at Palani.
- Mr. Mohamed Safullha (2008-2011) Entrepreneur in Tourism.
- Mr. Mohammed Sithik (2011-2014) is working in Singapore.
- Mr. Sivasamy (2011-2014) working as an Advocate.