He completed both 3 years of General Surgical training [FRCS (MS Equivalent)]; then 6 years of Higher Specialist Training in HPB and Transplant surgery in UK & obtained his sub specialty FRCS (M Ch Equivalent). In 2008 he received his Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training [CCT] in London. On finishing his training he worked for 4 years at King’s College hospital, London before moving back to India after 17 years.
8 Travel Grants/Bursaries (Scientific Awards) in Europe.
84 Published Papers/Abstracts & over 100 International Presentations.
Sub-investigator for 2 Phase III international multicenter RCTs.
British Journal of Surgery Prize paper session Speaker (2007 & 2008).
Clinical tutor and MD Examiner-Universita di Pisa, Italy.
Invited International Key-note Speaker (US, Argentina, Sweden, Austria, Romania, Myanmar etc.).
Over 16 years in HPB & Liver Tx Surgery performing >650 Liver Transplants (>70 children), include complex (Split, domino, auxiliary) liver transplants.
Over 250 complex HPB/ liver resections.
- Performed over 230 Liver transplants in India (˜155 Living Donor).
- International paper on an innovation in Paediatric liver Tx from Hyderabad.
Trained many consultants from other transplant units.
Member of Registry Committee, Intl Liver Laparoscopic Society (ILLS), Paris, 2017.
Founder & Managing trustee, The Liver Foundation-A charitable trust.
Times of India ‘Legend in Transplant Surgery’ Award, 2017.
- BASIC SURGICAL SKILLS COURSE- Royal Cornwall hospital, UK, 2003
- LIVER SURGERY IN PRACTICE-India’s first Liver Surgery course, Mumbai, 2015.
Extensive efforts to develop Liver Transplantation in INDIA
- Performed 1st successful liver transplant in several key hospitals- GB Pant Hospital, New Delhi; Osmania Hosp, Hyderabad; NIMS, Hyderabad.
- Set up & performed the first 10 liver transplants in Andhra Pradesh & the first successful SPLIT liver transplant in Combined Andhra & Telangana.
- Performed first ever Living Donor LTx in Andhra Pradesh.
- Senior advisor (Telangana State) for Liver Transplantation, Via Principal Sec (Health) since 2015.
- Developed over 20 ‘LIVER CLINICS’ in the country, in places where there was no such liver or hepato-biliary expertise.